Ben Clay boosts Otters’ squad
Ottery St Mary FC 0, Galmpton 4
Another disappointing result for the Otters that still leaves them searching for their first win of the season and losing skipper Ben Woolley after 20 minutes through injury did not help the cause.
The first goal for Galmpton came shortly afterwards, straight from a corner, well delivered but had Matt Slark, in goal, not been held unfairly, he would have easily claimed the ball.
Another disappointing goal conceded and again this new Ottery side found it hard to make any impact in the game and Galmpton added a second with 10 minutes left of the first half.
The second half saw a much better showing from the home side and there were encouraging signs from youngster Ben Tochnell, who gave more attacking options and some excellent defending from Russell and Stuart Coombs but, despite this, a third goal was added and a fourth that was well struck from 20 yards, leaving Slark with no chance of saving.
You may also want to watch:
Ottery face leaders Exmouth Town this Saturday but the club will be excited about the latest signing of Ben Clay from Premier side Cullompton Rangers.
“ Ben will be another part of the rebuilding process at Ottery,” said manager Mel Coombs.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
“ I am working hard to fill this team with players that will turn this disastrous season into something positive for the New Year that will stand us in good stead for next season. I still need two or three more and I will continue to search for players with the right attitude.”