Bennett stars as Sidmouth Raiders make Under-13 KO Cup progress
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Raiders Under-13s were 6-2 winners when they met Whipton Youth in an Exeter and District Youth League KO Cup tie.
The teams had met in a league contest just seven days before and Raiders won that game 10-1.
The opening exchanges saw a cagey start by Raiders, but they edged ahead when Ryan Kubacka cut in nicely from the wing to fire the ball beyond the Whipton goalkeeper.
The Exeter side soon levelled, but the lead was then swiftly restored thanks to a fine individual goal from Ethan Gribble that gave Raiders a half-time lead.
After the break Raiders stepped up a gear and looked the better team. However, the Exeter side defended well and indeed levelled for the second time with a slick counter-attack goal.
You may also want to watch:
With the swashbuckling Reuben Bennett orchestrating things from midfield, Raiders began to exert increasing pressure and it was Bennett who created the third Raiders goal, scored from close range by Zac Lascelles to once again see the home side into the lead.
Bennett then doubled the Raiders advantage with a terrific finish after a mazy run.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 6 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
Frank Long made it 5-2, the Long goal an outstanding solo effort, but it was Bennett who had the final saw as he set off on another weaving raid that ended with him looking up and rifling the ball beyond the Whipton glovesman to complete the scoring.