Benson hat-trick as Wasps Under-11s net nap hand clean sheet success at West Exe
- Credit: Archant
West Exe Wizards 0, West Hill Wasps 5 West Hill Wasps Under-11s were good vale for a nap hand clean sheet success in Exeter.
Such was the Wasps’ first half dominance that stand-in keeper Euan Webber did not touch the ball once!
James Horler was once again the tormentor-in-chief of the opposition with his play up and down the left flank.
With Ben Marsh and Joseph Green combining to control the middle third of the pitch, which allowed strike trio of Ollie Benson, Charlie Pullen and Ollie Pugsley to open up the Wizards, almost at will!
The deadlock was broken when Horler won the ball, fed Pugsley, who slid it through for Benson to fire home.
You may also want to watch:
Pugsley the fired marginally over and Pullen was denied three times by the exceptional home keeper.
The Wizards glovesman then denied Green and Pullen and half-time arrived with just the one goal between the teams.
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 The questions of British Lions selection
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
The home team made a bright start to the second half and it needed a fabulous one-handed save from Webber to thwart their attempt at an equaliser.
Jonathan Pitcher and Sam Read replaced Pullen and Green and the lead was extended when Benson took the ball past a couple of defenders before thumping it home.
A well-flighted Benson corner saw Simmons throw himself at the ball and the youngster, and the home keeper, ended up in then net, leaving Marsh to tap in the third goal.
A great left footed strike from the edge of the area gave Pitcher his first league goal of the season before Benson curled another corner straight into the net to complete his hat-trick and wrap up the scoring.
Two Wasps players shared the Man of the Match award. Ollie Benson for his all-round work and hat-trick and keeper Euan Webber both for his wonderful early second half save and keeping the clean sheet