Bishop can’t be put off by sprinklers and so marches on in the National Champion of Champions competition.
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Bowling Club watched their very own Jill Bishop play on to secure a win in yet another round of the National Champion of Champions competition last week, writes Susie Bonnell.
Jill was playing Sue Cridland from Hemyock in an evening game at Sidmouth and with two high quality players a close contest was anticipated.
Both ladies got off to a very good start, determined to be the first one to score 21 shots to secure a win!
Despite a major hiccup - the sprinklers developed a mind of their own and soaked everyone - the two ladies were not deterred and, after a very short break, played on to decide the winner. Jill pulled ahead, winning the match 21 shots to 13 shots.
Jill now awaits a date to play her next opponent - Sarah Vinnicombe from Torquay - in what will be the final round in the Devon/Cornwall area.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth Bowling Club members will be right behind Jill, willing her on to win.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 4 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 7 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 8 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 9 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 10 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon