Bishop crowned Queen of the Sidmouth green
Sidmouth Ladies staged their in-house competition finals over two days, writes Jill Lewis.
The first day was sunny with very little wind, whereas the second day was extremely windy and overcast!
Both days were supported very well by fellow bowlers, friends and family and the play was extremely enjoyable with some excellent bowling.
The Club President, Christa Turner, thanked the Competition Secretary, Jill Bishop, for all her hard work. A big thank you to Umpires and Markers and all those who worked so hard in the kitchen over the two days, providing much needed refreshments. The finals were indeed a very happy, and certainly memorable, occasion.
In terms of the results, Jill Bishop landed the Ladies Championship, beating Marion Watson in a thrilling encounter. The Mitchell Plate was won by Elaine Reed with Zena Johnson the worthy runner-up.
You may also want to watch:
In the Ladies Handicap Jill Lewis took the honours, beating Sue Miller and in the Ladies 3-wood it was a win for Jill Bishop with Jean Brimson the runner-up.
In the Nina Cup it was Zena Johnson who prevailed with Anita Mason the runner-up whilst in the Ladies pair’s Elaine Reed partnered Eileen Hewett to victory over Jan Jameson-Bates and Jean Brimson.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 5 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 6 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 7 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
The Ladies 2-wood saw Chris Wells defeat Pat Ashton-Pritchard and the Grace Porter competition was won by the team of Paddy Chew, Jean Brimson and Christa Turner who defeated Marion Watson, Doreen Pound and Jill Bishop.
There was success also for the Sidmouth Ladies in the County versus Section 3, held at Budleigh Salterton.
The four ladies representing their club did extremely well with the best score for Section 3 - Jean Brimson, Pat Ashton-Pritchard, Sheila Brimson and Jill Bishop. Very well done, ladies.