Bishop wins through
On Sunday, Jill Bishop played her quarter final match in the Champion of Champions against Gill Oakey at Isca cheered on by supporters from Sidmouth.
After a very close match Jill won by 21-20 and now goes through to the semi-final where she will play Julie Grant on Sunday, April 1 at 2pm at Exonia.
On Tuesday, April 3, Pat Pritchard, Pat Harvie and Jill Bishop will play their County triples semi final at 10am at Exonia.
Ottery St Mary brought three mixed rinks to play a friendly. Ottery won on two rinks but Sidmouth won overall 66-51. Winning rink Betty Farmer, Sheila Ingyon, Dave Lever and Mike Reader won 29-12.
An Inter-County game was played between Devon and Wiltshire at the North Wiltshire club in Chippenham. Sidmouth had a team representing Devon and were the highest scoring rink for the county. Well done to Tony Brown, Brian Smith, Cliff Hewett and Norman Brimson who won by 35-8.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth Ladies took two teams to Padbrook Park where they had a very enjoyable time, winning on one rink but losing overall.
Well done to Chrissy Wells, Anne Reece playing well in her first match, Pat Harvie and Zena Johnson who won by 21-15.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 5 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 6 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
Madeira Ladies cancelled so Sidmouth ladies held a friendly drive. Well done to winners Mary Smith, Sue Mison, Chris Hamer and Eileen Stribling who had a score of plus 12.
Sidmouth Bowls Club has an open day on Sunday, April 1, 10am - noon. Try your hand at bowling for free on our indoor rink, it's great fun! All you need to take is a pair of thick socks.