Black rod winners
Fish Chit chat
The Black Rod Open Fishing Competition, now in its 11th year, took place on Sidmouth seafront between Alma Bridge and Chit Rock.
The morning started well as, bathed in glorious sunshine, the 28 competitors cast out into the calm water. After six hours, all competitors reconvened back at The Swan for the weigh in and presentation of the coveted trophy and prizes.
After much discussion and weighing an eventual winner emerged.
The grand prize was awarded by Mike Dibble (The new King of Chit) to winner Abi Bennet, with an award winning 2.75lb dogfish.
You may also want to watch:
The joint second prizes went to Mike Bennet and Andy Eric Steele with lesser specimen fish.
High praise must also go to Jacob Salter, entering for the first time, catching his first mackerel, and beating many of Sidmouth’s finest.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 6 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 7 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 8 The more we work together the better it will be
- 9 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
- 10 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
The King of Chit, Mike Dibble, presents the prizes.