Bodor nets first goal as Sidmouth Town Reserves knock back Ammies at Manstone Lane
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Town Reserves 4, Exmouth Amateurs Reserves 1 Town Reserves bagged their fourth win of the Fresha League Division Three season with a fine all-round show.
After a lengthy eight weeks without a game owing to the rains, just getting a competitive match was something to behold!
Town began brightly, but the good work seemed to come to an end I the final third of the pitch and, with what was their only shot in the first half, Ammies scored and took a single goal lead into the break!
Player-boss Rikki Pitter urged his players to keep doing what they were doing in terms of their dominance of the ball, but to be much sharper in the final third and, if they did that, they would turn things round. They proved to be words of wisdom for, ten minutes after the re-start, Damien Armes chipped the visiting keeper from 20-yards to level things up.
The comeback was completed when Feri Bodor got his first goal in English football with a smart finish and soon after it was 3-1 when the player-boss himself got on the end of a Feri cross.
You may also want to watch:
The fourth and final home goal was tucked away from ten-yards out by Adrian Parr.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support