Bolton’s brilliant runs help Sidmouth Under-10s to their second win of the season
A big and eager squad approached the second game of the season with an evenly matched Tiverton team.
Playing two games, Sidmouth performed brilliantly to secure two wins with superb defensive tackling from the team and great attacking runs from Will Bolton; winning their first game 6-2 and second 2-0.
Excellent tackling came from Oliver Mitchell, backed up by brave and relentless tackles from Freddie Barker, the defensive line also included Laurence Walker, Will Cockayne-Cottrell and Finley Hobday all of whom put in great tackles. New player Charlie Roberts added to this great defensive pack.
The teams kept on the pressure against a well matched and equally determined Tiverton side. There was great attacking passing throughout the two games with Louis Cornick, Ryan Cozens and Gabriel Roberts all contributing to their teams winning.
Tries were scored by new team member James Dalton in his first game for Sidmouth; Gabriel Roberts scored and Will Bolton landed six tries to win the first game with his lightening runs.
You may also want to watch:
There was great attacking play from all with good support from Thomas Fletcher, Ben Fisher, Sam Cole and Oliver Bond, Douglas Hastie and Freddie Roberts completing the team.
Gabriel Roberts was named Man of the Match for his all round good play with great running, tackling, passing and off loading.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 6 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 7 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 8 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption
- 9 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank