Bosence edges out Burgess in Saturday stableford
- Credit: Archant
An extra stableford competition was scheduled for Saturday as it was a blank day in the fixture list, writes John Barnard.
Moray Bosence won with 37 points, beating David Burgess on countback. It was a fairly typical round from Moray.
He birdiied the first, and then holes nine and thirteen as well. But, a no score on hole five and a double bogie on the twelfth messed up the card.
However, a solid finish with three pars saw him over the line.
David had a couple of birdies as well, but on the back nine, bogies on holes thirteen and seventeen handed the win to Moray.
You may also want to watch:
In third place was Colin Mitchell, again beating Stuart Coles on countback. A rare two for him on hole twelve was just enough to keep him ahead.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98