Bosence wins Charles Stanley Monday stableford
- Credit: Archant
The Charles Stanley Monday Stableford at Sidmouth was won by Moray Bosence.
The day started with bright sunshine to give the ‘early birds’ the best of the weather.
Although rain wasn’t expected until after five o’clock, it came in early and meant the lunchtime starters got cold and wet. Many had trusted the Met Office and worn shorts and shirts only.
Inspired by trying to take money off the club captain, Moray went out in 20 points.
Moray then had a very mixed back nine. He started by running off a series of three pointers, then blobbed the 16th for no points, birdied the 17th to bounce back and then messed up the 18th to only score one point. No doubt, he will blame the weather!
You may also want to watch:
Scoring an overall 39 points, his 19-point back nine was just enough to secure the win on countback from last year’s club captain David Pepperill, who is on a good run of form at present.
Pepperill was also affected as the weather closed in on the latter part of his round so just missed another victory.
- 1 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 2 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 3 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 4 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 5 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 6 An extra £4.6 billion made available to support UK businesses during lockdown
- 7 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 8 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 9 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 10 Sidmouth Photography Club: Photography officially recognised for its mental health benefits
In third place was H Thompson, twice in the places in three days.
His 37 points meant a reduction to his handicap of one shot as his good form is being achieved in qualifiers.