Bowlers back in action
On a positive note this week, the weather has been very kind to us with no matches postponed or cancelled.
Sidmouth ladies had a friendly match against Shaldon at Shaldon, with Sidmouth winning all three games. The winning scores and teams were: Elaine Reed, Jenny Fricker and skip Jill Bishop scoring 16-13; Betty Farmer, Margaret King and Skip Valerie Newnham scoring 20-11; Marion Watson, Wendy Limpus and skip Jane Painter 15- 7. Overall score was Sidmouth 51-31. Well done to all the teams.
The Over Fifties League had two games this week, one against Crediton at Crediton with Wendy Limpus, Jane Painter and skip Eileen Hewett scoring 17-14 and Pat Ashton-Pritchard, Paddy Wrench and skip Valerie Newnham scoring 27-7. As overall winners Sidmouth scored a total 44- 21. Congratulations to both teams.
The second match against Topsham played at Topsham. Elaine Reed, Zena Johnson and Skip Eileen Hewett scored 20-16. Team two had a resounding victory of 30-9. The team was Mary Smith, Valerie Newnham and skip Jill Bishop. Overall score was Sidmouth 50- 25. Well done, keep up the good work.
The Non-Badged League team had just one match this week against Heavitree at Sidmouth. Sidmouth lost on both rinks with an overall score of 24-47.
You may also want to watch:
Hopefully the good weather will continue as the internal competitions are taking place over the next few weeks.
- 1 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 2 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 3 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 4 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 5 Business owners are asking 'has the Government done enough to help?'
- 6 Peninsula League season could be over
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 9 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 10 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways