Bowlers battle the elements
The weather is having an affect on the fixture list with games being cancelled or abandoned, writes Peter Bebb.
In friendly games Ottery just lost to Seaton 106-111 and also to Phear Park.
In the fixture with Budleigh Salterton Ottery won on four rinks; the rink of Janet Bebb, Steve Hall and Skip Margaret Hunt had a very good win 37-10 enabling Ottery to win overall 118-94.
In other matches in the ladies’ unbadged triples, Ottery ladies travelled to Phear Park winning on both rinks: S Rowe, P Garrod, and Skip E Martin 20-13 and G Hawke, M Beighton, and Skip M Bright 15-12. Ottery won overall 35-25.
In the men’s Over-60s, Ottery B team had a good win over Sidmouth C 51-19: G Temple, G Kille, and N Lawrence 22-9 and T Luff, C Martin, and M Smith 29-10. In the match against Heavitree Ottery A beat Heavitree B 45-22; J Ward, P Richards and W Taylor 28-7; D Rose, T House,and E Saunders 17-15.
You may also want to watch:
In a B team match Ottery beat Budleigh Salterton 36--30 G Temple, C Martin, and G Kille 11-25; T Luff, J Candy, M Smith 25-5.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge