Bowlers enjoy Torquay tour
- Credit: Archant
The 22nd annual weekend bowls tour, organised by Peter and Evelyn Clements, saw 43 Sidmouth BC members travelling to the TLH Leisure Resort at Torquay for a very enjoyable four days with some competitive bowling against local clubs and other touring clubs staying at one of four hotels, write Marian and Maurice Watson.
The evening entertainment was also deemed a success with two lady bowlers, unnamed for fear of begging letters, claiming top prize in the bingo sessions!
A ladies’ friendly fixture at the Madeira club in Exmouth produced a win for the home team by two rinks to one.
The successful rink for Sidmouth was Mair Miles, Mary Bristow, Freda Humphreys and skip Ann Capon.
In the County Trophy Inter Club competition the men played Torquay United B and were beaten on the two rinks at home and away.
You may also want to watch:
The semi-finals of the men’s singles competition have been played resulting in Bob Seldon beating Maurice Watson and Ray Tallent succeeding against Alan Bacon. Good luck to the two finalists.
- 1 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 4 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 5 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 6 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 7 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 8 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair