Bowlers enjoy Torquay tour
- Credit: Archant
The 22nd annual weekend bowls tour, organised by Peter and Evelyn Clements, saw 43 Sidmouth BC members travelling to the TLH Leisure Resort at Torquay for a very enjoyable four days with some competitive bowling against local clubs and other touring clubs staying at one of four hotels, write Marian and Maurice Watson.
The evening entertainment was also deemed a success with two lady bowlers, unnamed for fear of begging letters, claiming top prize in the bingo sessions!
A ladies’ friendly fixture at the Madeira club in Exmouth produced a win for the home team by two rinks to one.
The successful rink for Sidmouth was Mair Miles, Mary Bristow, Freda Humphreys and skip Ann Capon.
In the County Trophy Inter Club competition the men played Torquay United B and were beaten on the two rinks at home and away.
You may also want to watch:
The semi-finals of the men’s singles competition have been played resulting in Bob Seldon beating Maurice Watson and Ray Tallent succeeding against Alan Bacon. Good luck to the two finalists.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
- 10 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown