Bowls and boules
Congratulations to the Feniton pair of Steve and Lynda Dommett who have reached the semi-finals of the County mixed pairs competition, writes Roger Smith.
They defeated Terry and Joan Harvey of Bitton Park at Bitton Park by 23-17, in the quarter finals.
Likewise, congratulations are due to the Feniton team of L Eveleigh, J Edwards and C Granger who defeated S Mott, M Dowrick and C King by 20-10 to win the section three final of the Ladies’ Benevolent Triples competition.
Feniton Ladies defeated Sidmouth Ladies by 43-27. The winning rinks were: J Skinner, G Smith, A Coyne and L Dommett 26-11; N Cox, G North and J O’ Sullivan 17-16. Unfortunately, they lost their last East Devon league match to Crediton 31-43, thereby only gaining two points instead of the four that they needed to secure the league title. The winning rink was J Smith, A Pritchard J Evans and R Veitch 19-18.
The over-60s’ men’s team lost their top of the table clash with Tiverton, losing narrowly on both rinks, by 29-32. In their two clashes with Tiverton this season, they have only lost by four shots, but have only gained one point.
You may also want to watch:
The B team lost away at Madeira D by 27-36. The winning rink was F Brooks, L Ley and Ro Clarke 15-13.
The mixed team enjoyed continuing success when they defeated Phear Park by 76-69. The winning rinks were E Goodenough, F Jones, L Ley and L Eveleigh 22-11 and J Evans, V Jones, M Eveleigh and D Evans 24-14. This was followed by a good win away at Tiverton Borough by 103-89. The winning rinks were B Halse, J Livings and R North, A Hughes, G North and L Ley, F Brooks, J Smith and A Kury 18-15 and J Wheatley, S Goodenough and S Kury 14-12. Finally, they defeated local rivals Ottery St Mary by 107-84. The winning rinks were M Evans, E Goodenough, G North and R Smith 34-9, G Blackmore, E Cox, J Smith and G Phillips 24-13 and N Cox, L Crook, J Rolph and I Veitch 20-17.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon