Brace lands success in latest Sidmouth Jewellers meeting at Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
In the latest round of the Sidmouth Jewellers Friday Stableford at Sidmouth Golf Club, a late surge from Nathan Brace with 39 points took the spoils, writes John Rockey.
Brace served up steady play to only drop two shots on a course which is proving tricky following a period of little or no rain.
The young left-hander had five bogies in his round, but countered this with three birdies and as a result got his handicap cut from five to four to ensure a high place in the forthcoming Picture Match against East Devon Golf Club.
The Friday League leader, Mark Thomas, consolidated his lead at the top with 37 points to secure second place on the day and with it a further handicap reduction to five.
Third, just losing out on a countback was Sean Murphy also with 37 points with Chris Ashley coming fourth in with the same score.
You may also want to watch:
With eight more rounds before the League title is decided, Mark Thomas looks well set to take the honours, however, second placed David Pepperell and third placed James Spiller may well have a say in the final places if either can come home with a late run.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 5 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 8 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 9 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution