Bramble see Raiders Under-12 home
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Raiders 4, Central 0 Sidmouth Raiders Under-12s landed a first win of the season with a fine all-round performance that yielded them a comfortable success against the Exeter-based opposition.
In a closely contested first half there was just the one goal scored. A Thomas Burhop corner fell invitingly to Thomas Moores who tucked it away.
In the second half, with Louis Adey impressing on the left wing, the lead was doubled when Adey curled a tremendous effort into the top corner of the net.
Central responded well to the two-goal deficit and only a smart save by Oran Bramble denied them a goal back.
The lead was further extended thanks to an Adey penalty after Blackham had been upended in the box.
You may also want to watch:
The Raiders, with James Plant, Ben Goodier and Jimmy Ogley impressing, made it four when Luke Spiller and Thomas Moore combined prior to the latter netting.
In the final minute another splendid Bramble save gave him a richly deserved clean sheet which, just like the victory, was a first of the season.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 8 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 9 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 10 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17