Bridgwater hold on under pressure for draw
- Credit: Archant
In their last match of the season, a hard-fought battle against visitors Bridgwater resulted in a 0-0 draw for the SOHC ladies 1st XI.
Running out at home in blustery conditions, the SOHC ladies were keen to see a repeat of their previous encounter when they beat the Bridgwater ladies 2-1.
Both teams pressed hard from the outset and had many chances on goal. Resilient defensive work from Emily Ackland, Sophie Hudson and Chloe Munn and some spectacular saves from SOHC goalie Hayley Delasalle denied the visitors a score on the board.
With Delasalle drawn out into the D, spectators looked on with their hearts in their mouths as the visitors took a flick from the rebound, only to be saved by fast defensive reactions and a well-placed SOHC stick.
The SOHC ladies pressed hard into their opponents’ half and were unlucky not to score from a number of short-corners and driving runs by Karen Dutton, Evie Wilson and Jess Oliver.
You may also want to watch:
Midfield players worked tirelessly to move the ball forward for a chance on goal and Sarah Roberts made an impressive break into the D, beating at least three of the opposition to take a shot.
Unfortunately, none of these chances managed to find the back of the net and the game ended in a draw.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
The SOHC team have had a fantastic season ending up sixth overall in the Central Division of the West Clubs Women’s Hockey League.