Bright Sparks as Sidmouth Toucans netball team continue to show improvement
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Sidmouth Toucans showed just how they are continuing to improve individually and collectively as they banked a point from a 30-19 defeat to Hi Q in their latest Honiton and District Netball League engagement.
During what were two very close opening quarters the margin between the teams was just five goals!
It was only in the third quarter that high-flying and in-form Hi Q were able to finally throw off the Toucans shackles and take command of the match.
The goals conceded count was far less than in the season’s earlier meeting, another example of the progress this Toucans team are making.
Sarah Fletcher, GK, Louise Neilson, GD and Sarah Burstan, WD, worked tirelessly throughout the contest.
You may also want to watch:
Under the net Helen Terry and Caroline Biggs were forced to use centre, Rachel Darlami and WA, Sarah Sparks due to Hi Q’s defensive play and height advantage. The Player of the Match honour was awarded to captain, Sarah Sparks and once again the Toucans also picked up 10 fair play points.
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 5 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 6 The questions of British Lions selection
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution