Brimson and Hewett set to fly Sidmouth flag at Newton Abbot on Saturday
Sidmouth Bowls Club were thrilled to hear that two of their ladies had battled through a quarter-final and semi-final match earlier this week, writes Susie Bonnell.
Jean Brimson and Eileen Hewett were undaunted by an early start on Monday (September 1) for a trip to South Molton to bid for a place in the final of the Bowls Devon County Finals Ladies Over 70’s Pairs.
As a result of their splendid victory the dup are back in action this weekend.
On Saturday they will contest the final at Newton Abbot Bowls Club.
The following day (Sunday, September 7) another Sidmouth lady, Jane Painter, plays in the final of the unbdaged singles.
You may also want to watch:
All at the club wish the trip every bit of good luck and, win or lose, we are all so proud of them for getting this far in the respective competitions.
- 1 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 7 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 8 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb