Brown stars in Cotswolds 226 Ironman event
N1 Tri Club member Lewis Brown took on the fearsome Ironman challenge, competing in the Cotswolds 226 race last Sunday.
The 21-year-old former Colyton Grammar School pupil is currently studying at Plymouth University, and, despite atrocious weather conditions he ‘stormed’ the race. He covered the 2.4-miles of swimming in 1:2:23 and then rode through ‘monsoon-like’ conditions to complete the 112-mile bike ride in 6:19:57 before finally running a full 26.2-mile marathon on 4:4:18.
His total time for the race was 11 hours 39 minutes 32 seconds including all transitions and that saw him into 46th position overall.
Its more usual for athletes to take up a triathlon career before they take on the Ironman race as stamina is steadily built over the years, but Lewis put all that theory to rest as he appeared to move effortlessly around the course with a seemingly constant smile on his face.
For those who understand athletic challenge all will raise a toast to Lewis and his remarkable effort.
You may also want to watch:
Lewis becomes the second athlete in the N1 Tri Club this summer to join its Ironman ‘Roll of Honour’.
Lewis Brown, Ironman triathlete, we salute you!
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients