Burhop brace as Sidmouth Raiders Under-11s power back to draw with Brixington United
Sidmouth Raiders 2, Brixington Utd 2 Samuel Burhop scored twice as Sidmouth Raiders Under-11s fought back superbly from two goals down to grab a deserved draw.
In a fine contest played in an excellent spirit the visitors went ahead midway through the first half.
Raiders rallied, but despite some good passing and attacking play they went into the break still behind.
Early in the second half they fell two down when the opposition strikers were afforded too much time and space in the penalty area.
A great save by Will Bond denied the visitors a third and the save was made all the more crucial when Burhop broke clear to pull one back with a cool finish.
You may also want to watch:
With Robbie Hallett combining well with CJ Abbot down the left and Lewis Rowden working hard with Henry Summerhayes and Freddie Squire on the right Raiders went in search of an equaliser and it duly arrived when a mazy run from Burhop ended with him tucking the ball into the net to ensure honours ended even.
The Man of the Match award went to Kieran Phillips, in defence. Noah Raffell and Eddie Rudolph also put in excellent shifts.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 6 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 10 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections