Bushy nets as Otters win pre-season friendly at Beer Albion
- Credit: Archant
Ottery St Mary produced a terrific performance to win a pre-season friendly at Beer Albion on Tuesday night.
The only goal of the game came in the second half when 16-year-old Tom Bushby rifled the ball home.
The win was made all the more remarkable because Otters boss Mike Dawe was without six or seven of his regulars and had to play his usual striker Toby Harris in goal!
Dawe is pleased with pre-season progress. However, he has identified one area that needs improving throughout the two teams, something he explained saying: “Fitness remains a concern for me. Work is needed on that across both teams.”
Dawe is also keen to recruit an experience goalkeeper with the club currently being lightweight in that department.
You may also want to watch:
Both Ottery senior sides are in action tomorrow (Saturday) when they play a double-header at Millwey Rise with the Reserves playing before the first team.
That suits Dawe who says: It’s an ideal opportunity for me to take a look at the wider squad and check out the depth we have.”
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution