Cassar catches cracker off Sidmouth beach
Sidmouth sea angling club have held their weekend beach competition.
Starting from 6pm Saturday evening until 6pm Sunday, it gave all the anglers plenty of time to get to and fish their favourite marks across the south west.
With the weather looking good, most anglers stayed local, fishing between Beer head and Ladram Bay. Everyone caught fish, but the winner on the day was Bill Cassar, helped on his way to the top spot with this nice bull huss, caught in daylight from a rock mark on Branscombe beach using a mix of mackerel and squid bait.
Also caught on the night was a 21lb conger eel and plenty of mackerel.
Sidmouth beach has been alive with anglers this week as holidaymakers and locals take advantage of a good run of mackerel. So dust off your rods and join us.
You may also want to watch:
If you'd like to join the club, then call Kaz Millington on 078708 32766. Or, if you’re under 16 and want to get involved, then call Alan French on 07877832713, as he runs weekly sessions on sidmouth beach every Wednesday at 6.30.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 9 Lockdown has shown the importance of nature and the need for us to nurture each other
- 10 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member