Sidmouth and Ottery 2nds both have home action - Sidmouth playing at Newton Poppleford owing to Folk Week
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth 1st XI head for Torquay on match day 14 of the Tolchards Devon League season and a ninth win of the campaign for the Fortfield men will push the South Devon side closer to the foot of the table.
With it being Sidmouth Folk Week, there's no Fortfield action for any of the club's three senior teams.
The 2nd XI decamp to Newton Poppleford for the afternoon for their C Division East meeting with Exeter. It's a big day in the division for, in the race for the one promotion berth on offer, Heathcoat, who sit top - 11 points clear - meet an Exmouth 2nds who sit joint second with Sidmouth on 211 points.
The third XI, who hold a huge 50 point cushion in terms of the promotion race out of E Division East, travel to Countess Wear.
For Ottery St Mary, the Saturday 1st action sees the Otters travelling to third bottom Alphington while the Ottery 2nd XI, who are currently 15 points from safety in the E Division East, entertain third in the table Uplyme & Lyme Regis.
You may also want to watch:
Completing the local cricket on the first Saturday of August, Sidbury play host to Topsham St James 2nd XI in an H Division East game.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat