Cavin impresses in Quiberon
Circle One surf team rider, Sam Cavin from Sidmouth travelled to Quiberon in France in his first ever competition abroad for the European Atlantic Water Sport Games.
Cavin was representing Team Devon managed by Surfing Great Britain, in the U18 Longboard category.
Cavin surfed extremely well through the heats, exceeding all expectations, with all the judges giving good scores.
He did well in the quarter finals, delivering an almost perfect performance.
With great support on the beach, Cavin was looking as if he would go the whole way until the surf deteriorated for the semi-finals.
You may also want to watch:
The worsening conditions didn’t sit well for him, as the semi-finals ended with him situated 1.5 points behind the qualification for the final. Cavin had surfed well and has definitely pleased the selectors, which bodes well for future games.
Fifth place was an amazing achievement.
- 1 Summer play season returns safe and sound after 'challenging year'
- 2 Tragedy strikes the racing world
- 3 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 4 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 5 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 6 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 7 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 8 Family triumph in Sidmouth golf team stableford
- 9 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 10 School's hill climb challenge
He said: “I am so happy with that. The experience was invaluable. I gained good points for Team Devon who finished third overall and I’m looking forward to next year when the games take place in Portugal.
“I must say thank you to Circle One for their continuing support and to Sedoa, who sponsored Team Devon.