Chaance lands the Gertie Skinner Cup at Sidmouth Golf Club.
The penultimate qualifying competition of 2011 saw 23 ladies out on the course on Wednesday.
The weather was kind, in fact very warm, and the rain waited until everyone was in.
The Gertie Skinner Cup was contended for by players who had previously won a EWGA medal during the season and a Club medal, open to all, was played alongside.
Liz Chance managed to come in with net 69, this was a winning score for the Gertie Skinner and the Second Division of the Club medal.
Mavis Vanstone came second in the Gertie Skinner with 71.
You may also want to watch:
Division 1 for the Club medal was won by Marie Timms with net 71 and Division 3 was won by Jane Renkin also with net 71.
The greens remain challenging following essential work but Margot Beauchamp managed to win the putting competition with a spectacular total of 28. There were no handicap reductions this week and nobody scored a 2 so a roll over to next week.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 9 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead