- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth ladies played The Centenary Trophy on Wednesday, writes Maria Clapp.
Once again the weather was beautiful and there were some good scores recorded. First place went to Liz Chance with a plus four score and second was Maria Clapp with plus two. Anne Blackler took third spot, finishing all square.
As a result of their excellent efforts both Liz Chance and Maria Clapp had their handicaps reduced and they will now be playing off 23 (Chance) and 21 (Clapp).
In the Centenary Trophy there was a just the one two scored, this by lady captain Margaret Deuce.
The ladies would like to place eon record their sincere thanks to the ground staff for all their efforts as the course played beautifully for the event.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, the Sidmouth ladies’ Sheila Creasy team has played tow matches in quick succession. A Friday meeting with Teignmouth was won six-and-a-half to one-and-a-half and then, three days later, Wrangaton were beaten five-and-a-half to one-and-a-half. Two great results. Well done, ladies.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98