Charity Shield raises Hospiscare cash
The Otters’ Charity Shield competition attracted teams from Cornwall, Devon, Dorset and Hampshire, writes Dave West.
Entry fees, lunchtime competitions and the traditional raffle for which many prizes had been donated, raised �395 and this was topped up by John Thatcher to enable a cheque for �400 to be sent to Hospiscare.
A good day was enjoyed by everyone and teams (doubles) were divided into leagues to determine places for the Shield and Plate knockouts.
Charity Shield winners were Roz Silvester (Portsmouth) and Steve Snudden (Aldershot).
Rob Brealey and Joan Dixie of Isca kept a local flavour as runners-up.
You may also want to watch:
The Plate was won by Stewart and Yvonne Brown of Isca, with Ottery's Peter Smith and Barrie Hall taking the runner-up prize.
Successes in the lunchtime events were Alex Hepburn (shooting), Rob Brealey (pointing) and Franck Depreaux (high point). Franck's nine-year-old daughter, Bethanie, came a creditable third in the pointing!
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Local photographer captures the beauty of The Byes with his wildlife shots
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites