Charles Stanley Monday stableford success for Spencer Jarrett
- Credit: Archant
Spencer Jarrett got of to the perfect start in Monday’s Charles Stanley Monday Stableford by birding the first two holes to set him on his way to a 40 point round and securing the top slot, writes Chris Roberts
Such was his start was that it was not until the eighth hole that Jarrett recorded his first bogey of the round and with another birdie at the seventh he had a two under par gross front nine.
Not for the first time this season Greg Willmington figures in the places; finishing second this week with 39 points.
John Jones got third by way of countback over Neil Holland after both recorded scores of 38 points.
The Johns round included five birdies of which two where two’s and the Holland round included just the three birdies, but impressively just the one bogey on the card.
You may also want to watch:
John Jones is one behind Neil Holland at the top of the birdie table. The pair have 33 and 34 respectively. Duncan Taylor is now tied at top of the eclectic league table with Martyn White; both on 48 and Mark Thomas is now just two back on 50 in third spot.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 9 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford