Charles Stanley Monday Stableford win for Vernon Ruffle
- Credit: Archant
The Charles Stanley Monday Stableford was won this week by senior player Vernon Ruffle with an excellent 42 points, writes John Barnard.
Much improved weather over the past few days means the course is in great condition with the greens running well and true. Vernon’s best round for some time came with some good pars in the middle of his round and then solid golf over the last few holes and he now has his handicap cut by a couple of shots!
He won by four from Mark Pavey and he was one of four players to shoot 38.
Mark had the best nett back nine. Six pars and three bogies was enough to keep him ahead off his handicap, now 13.
In third was Kym White who managed to keep enough balls on the course this time as he is a big hitter, but not always straight!
You may also want to watch:
He had a difficult start, but four pars in the last five holes off his handicap of 19 steadied his score up.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients