Charles Stanley stableford success for Colin MItchell
- Credit: Archant
The Charles Stanley Monday Stableford was won last week by Colin Mitchell with 41 points, writes John Barnard.
Off his handicap of 21, he managed six pars and no disastrous holes to seal his first win. In second place was Simon Emerson who opened with two birdies on the first two holes then gave the points back over the next five.
He steadied up and having birdied seventeen, he ended up with 40 points. Brian Cole was third on countback from Stuart Cole, both having scored 38 points. Brian had a number of pars, but a no score on hole fourteen cost him.
Start eagled the thirteenth and birdied holes seventeen and eighteen but left it too late.
In the eclectic, Mike Knight has moved one ahead and now has a nett 46. Jonathan Le is one back on 47 and will find it difficult to get any more shots unless he finds an eagle or two.
You may also want to watch:
There are six players now on 48 with a few weeks left to make some improvement.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 5 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 6 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 7 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 10 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour