Charlie Miles bags brace on 1st XI debut for Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth’s three senior sides racked up three more wins in their respective Francis Clark Devon League games on the first Sunday of June.
The 1st XI made short work of a home game with North Devon and once again openers Liam Lewis and Matt Cooke put together a century opening stand.
Lewis went on to carry his bat to finish unbeaten on 103. Cooke hit 67 and there were other contributions from Pete Randerson (39 no) and Anthony Griffiths (30), in a home total of 279-4.
Skipper Will Murray (3-23), Lewis (2-39), Cooke (2-12) and Miles Dalton (2-5 in four) then combined to bowl the visitors out for 186 in 44 overs.
Sidmouth II were 26-run winners at North Devon II where Patidar (73), Powell (63), Lines (34) and Hewer (34) led the side to 236-5.
You may also want to watch:
Mansfield and Patidar the both bagged three wickets as the Instow side were bowled out for 210.
The 3rd XI were 116-run winners at South Devon II where they declared on 286-5 thanks to Griffiths (84) and Overthrow (46) then Gater claimed 4-5 as
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 9 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
The home side were bowled out for 170.
Make sure of your copy of the Sidmouth Herald – out next on Friday, June 7, in which will be full match reports and post match comment from all three Fortfield senior teams.