Charlie Miles bags brace on 1st XI debut for Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth’s three senior sides racked up three more wins in their respective Francis Clark Devon League games on the first Sunday of June.
The 1st XI made short work of a home game with North Devon and once again openers Liam Lewis and Matt Cooke put together a century opening stand.
Lewis went on to carry his bat to finish unbeaten on 103. Cooke hit 67 and there were other contributions from Pete Randerson (39 no) and Anthony Griffiths (30), in a home total of 279-4.
Skipper Will Murray (3-23), Lewis (2-39), Cooke (2-12) and Miles Dalton (2-5 in four) then combined to bowl the visitors out for 186 in 44 overs.
Sidmouth II were 26-run winners at North Devon II where Patidar (73), Powell (63), Lines (34) and Hewer (34) led the side to 236-5.
You may also want to watch:
Mansfield and Patidar the both bagged three wickets as the Instow side were bowled out for 210.
The 3rd XI were 116-run winners at South Devon II where they declared on 286-5 thanks to Griffiths (84) and Overthrow (46) then Gater claimed 4-5 as
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 8 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 9 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
The home side were bowled out for 170.
Make sure of your copy of the Sidmouth Herald – out next on Friday, June 7, in which will be full match reports and post match comment from all three Fortfield senior teams.