Christmas Cracker joy for Yvonne, Sheila and Marie
- Credit: Archant
The last Wednesday competition before Christmas is traditionally the ladies’ Christmas Cracker competition, writes Andrea Milton.
This year the format was a three-person Texas Scramble and we had our best turnout in ages as 27 ladies took part!
As usual for this event, the ladies were dressed up in Christmas jumpers, Santa hats, Reindeer ears and so on.
It’s also an opportunity to indulge in a little light refreshment during the round, as people bring seasonal snacks and drinks to share!
We were blessed with amazingly mild weather for the time of year, and everyone had great fun on the course.
You may also want to watch:
The winning team, on countback, were Yvonne Anning (in her elf jumper!), Sheila Faulkner, and Marie Timms who scored 59. In second place were Penny Lyne, Marian Thomas and Gerry Whitrow, also scoring 59.
Everyone returned to the clubhouse feeling very festive to open their Secret Santa gifts and enjoy mince pies provided by our lovely caterer Kerry. Merry Christmas one and all!
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 7 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 8 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 9 East Devon's new homes debate divides residents' opinions
- 10 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17