Christmas social enjoyed by one and all
- Credit: Archant
Saturday afternoon some 55 Sidmouth Bowls Club members turned out in that atrocious weather that Storm Deirdre dumped on us to attend the club’s Christmas Social, writes Carol Smith.
It was certainly a wonderful afternoon and, once again, a great club event that was so well organised by our brilliant entertainments committee.
Lots of members dressed for the occasion and there were some excellent Christmas jumpers and hats on show.
There was also lots going on with a splendid mix of fun bowling, games, a secret raffle as well as some delicious mince pies and mulled wine.
It did seem as if the bowling element of the day confused many (not too difficult!!!) and, to crown it all, two ‘non bowlers’ were in the winning team!
You may also want to watch:
Yes, I know what you are thinking – that it does not say too much for the standard of bowling – perhaps the blame lies at the door of the aforementioned mulled wine?
Anyway, one thing that is fact is that a great afternoon was had by all.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
What’s more it was all so well timed so that folk did not miss the Strictly final!