City on the up
City ran out 2-1 winners against Dagenham and Redbridge, writes Gareth Hughes
To give credit to Paul Tisdale and his players, an entertaining game was served up for the fans. With six points from their last two home games the Grecians are now 10th in League One with a total of 55 points, which is four points more than they finished on at the end of last season and with six more games to go!
For the travelling team, it was probably heartbreak as Romain Vincelot headed home his 11th goal of the season, but City thumped home two late goals to triumph in front of 4,598 fans.
Matt Taylor and Logan scored. Paul Tisdale was very pleased with the result and in particular, the manner of the victory. “It was a fantastic game of football that I'm very happy we won. We knew it would be a tough game, but we just had enough about us in the last 15 minutes to win it. We take every game on its merits, assume the other side are going to be at their maximum and try to achieve the maximum ourselves and we weren't far from it today."
?Other news at the club is that Exeter have announced the signing of Manchester City youngster James Wood on loan until the end of the season. The Grecians wrapped up the deal to sign the goalkeeper on loan deadline day two weeks ago and, with Ben Hamer's temporary stay from Reading set to expire, they have moved to confirm the deal. Wood signed a professional deal with City in 2009 and has since been a regular in their Academy.
You may also want to watch:
?This Saturday it's an away trip just up the motorway to face Bristol Rovers, who will be fighting to keep themselves out of the League one drop zone. Liam Sercombe and Troy Archibald-Henville are expected to be fit in time and this local derby will be another test for a resurgent City team.
Come on you Reds!
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 10 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary