Clapp nets double success in Sidmouth ladies meeting
- Credit: Archant
On Wednesday Sidmouth ladies played the first in the series of The Rose Bowl and Basket stableford competition, getting the winter season off to a good start!
The weather was very kind to us again and the course looked spectacular with all of the Autumn colours on show.
Both of these competitions are for the player with the highest aggregate score from her four best cards of six, over the autumn and winter period.
These trophies were presented by Mrs Joyce Chambers in 1970.
The Rose Bowl is played by players under 65 and the Basket is for players over 65.
You may also want to watch:
The winner of the Rose Bowl competition was Maria Clapp with 35 points and second place was taken by Angela Coles.
The Rose Basket Competition was won by Margaret Thompson with 34 points and the runner-up was Jill Jeffrey.
- 1 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 2 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 3 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 4 'I feel that front line workers should be vaccinated as soon as possible'
- 5 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 6 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 7 'We are passionate about involving young people in planning'
- 8 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 9 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 10 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
A stableford competition was also played. This was won by Maria Clapp with 35 points on countback from Ros Eaton and third place was taken by Margaret Thompson.