Clapp nets double success in Sidmouth ladies meeting
- Credit: Archant
On Wednesday Sidmouth ladies played the first in the series of The Rose Bowl and Basket stableford competition, getting the winter season off to a good start!
The weather was very kind to us again and the course looked spectacular with all of the Autumn colours on show.
Both of these competitions are for the player with the highest aggregate score from her four best cards of six, over the autumn and winter period.
These trophies were presented by Mrs Joyce Chambers in 1970.
The Rose Bowl is played by players under 65 and the Basket is for players over 65.
You may also want to watch:
The winner of the Rose Bowl competition was Maria Clapp with 35 points and second place was taken by Angela Coles.
The Rose Basket Competition was won by Margaret Thompson with 34 points and the runner-up was Jill Jeffrey.
- 1 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 2 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 5 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 8 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 9 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
A stableford competition was also played. This was won by Maria Clapp with 35 points on countback from Ros Eaton and third place was taken by Margaret Thompson.