Clapp wins Division One at Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth ladies played their eight medal of the season on Wednesday.
They were quite lucky with the weather with only one heavy shower.
The course is in beautiful condition at the moment and thanks go to the green keepers for their excellent work.
Maria Clapp took first place with a net 69 and that saw her win Division One. Therefore she is playing to her new handicap. Jill Jeffrey took second place with a net 71 and won Division Three. Third place went to Linda Reynolds, and she won Division Two.
Lady captain Margaret Deuce was the only player to have a two and she also won the putting prize.
You may also want to watch:
On Monday the Sheila Creasy team played at Exeter where they lost 5-2. However, no fewer than four of the matches were decided on the 18th hole! That suggests the outcome might have been very different!
- 1 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 8 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 9 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'