Clarke is the only Sidmouth winner as Wood pegs out in Cheltenham defeat
Sidmouth’s Advanced League team of David Clarke, Peter Hills, Mike Taylor and Richard Wood welcomed a strong Cheltenham B team on a day when showers threatened, but kindly left the players in the dry, writes Mike Taylor
Initial thoughts that the visitors might not quite be on the ball after their long journey were soon dispelled.
David and Richard both established early leads, but their opponents came back strongly to win.
Richard lost his game by just one point after pegging out one ball and failing several attempts with the second.
With Peter and Mike unable to hold back their higher-ranked opponents in the doubles, Sidmouth were 0-3 down at lunch.
You may also want to watch:
In the afternoon singles, all four players showed some form, but in the end it was only David who was able to save Sidmouth’s honour with an excellent win.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman