Classic charity match
If you’d like to see some vintage rugby Union, then you’ll want to watch the match between The International Legends and a Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service Select XV. The Chairman of the Exeter Chiefs is generously hosting the event at Sandy Park, Exeter on March 24.
The charity rugby match is supporting the Eddie Forbes Fund. A former fire fighter from Plymouth, who has been diagnosed with motor neurone disease, the incurable, life-shortening illness. Eddie was medically retired from the fire service last year.
The International Legends are an invitational side including former British Lions and International players who play in tournaments all around the world such as The Bermuda Classics and Hong Kong Sevens.
Area Manager Alex Hanson said ‘This is a fantastic opportunity for rugby fans in the South West to see a select International side play at Sandy Park whilst supporting a very worthwhile cause for one of our Firefighters who finds himself in the most difficult of circumstances.’
Everyone is invited to help support what should be an exciting, entertaining game of rugby. Kick off is at 3pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are available for only �10 and can be purchased on line at the Chief’s website. Just click on ‘tickets,’ then Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service’s logo and follow the instructions.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 5 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future