Classy Sidmouth Under-14s too hot for Frampton Cotterill
Sidmouth 22, Frampton Cotterill 7 On a damp Devon day Sidmouth Under-14s produced some scintillating play to claim a notable success.
Straight from the kick-off Wright secured the ball, passed it to Hill, who off loaded to Nick J-G , who dived over.
The visitors responded superbly and this led to some outstanding defence from Sidmouth, who were under the cosh for most of the remainder of the first half.
Pearce and Hughes were particularly prominent, but the whole team deserve much credit for their efforts during this period.
Twice Frampton crossed the line, but were thwarted once by Robinson, who managed to wriggle under the ball and secondly when Allen tackled the Frampton player over the line and forced a knock-on!
You may also want to watch:
It was from a penalty that Framton finally scored, which gave them a 7-5 lead at half time. In the second half Sidmouth stepped it up a gear and started to dominate.
Innes-Kruger kicked ahead and quick hands saw the ball passed to Smith on the wing, who dived over. From the kick off Moore went on an inspired run.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
The support play was superb and quick recycling saw the ball out wide to Hankin who finished off well. Allen converted. The final try was a massive team effort.
The scrum mauled their way to the line and Davies found a gap to squeeze through to score. This was an excellent advertisement for rugby.
The young referee was magnificent and the whole team played with tremendous heart and a lot of skill.