Clay anchors Newton innings
TOM Clay anchored Newton Poppleford’s innings against Clyst Hydon II in the East Devon Indoor Cricket League, but his unbeaten 37 could not avert a two-wicket defeat, writes John Goodwin.
Clay got support from Alex Raistrick in a total of 109-5 which was passed by Clyst Hydon on the first ball of the final over. Keeping Clyst Hydon on course were Lewis Morgan and Tim Piper with unbeaten 29 and 21 respectively.
? Four run outs, including top scorer Richard Gibbins for 26, saw Tipton St John restricted to 78 all out by Clyst St George who lost four wickets in their victory chase which was completed in the 11th over. Two of the St George wickets fell in identical fashion, caught Alex Tubbs, bowled David Birch.
?Ottery St Mary dismissed Exmouth for 127 but fell 30 runs short on the chase. Exmouth got a sound start from Julian Page, who returned to make 42 after retiring at 25, and Richard Arnold, with 26. Ottery didn’t take a wicket until the seventh over when two fell to James Faulkner.
Ottery conceded 21 wides, but that was eclipsed by Exmouth who donated 25 of the 97 all out reply, which included 26 from George Biggs.
You may also want to watch:
?Yarcombe and Stockland needed all but three balls of their 12-over quota to pass the 88-5 set by Newton St Cyres, with 25 from Phil Denham. James Mitcham hit 29 in the chase with Andy Paulman 16 not out.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98