Clements top scores in Ottery defeat at Alphington
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Ottery St Mary went down by a margin of 100 runs when they visited Alphington for their final away game of this season’s Tolchards Devon League C Division East campaign.
The Alphas batted first and closed their innings on 248-5 from their 45 overs.
It was fourth change bowler Henry Mutter who was the most successful of the Ottery wicket takers with figures of 2-56 from six overs.
The only other success was enjoyed by opening duo who both sent down full shifts of nine overs, skipper Will Harrison with 1-27 from nine overs and Sam Brook, who returned figures of 1-58 from nine overs.
The Ottery reply slipped to 82-7 before the tail wagged enough for the innings to close on 148 after 33.2 overs.
You may also want to watch:
Jody Clements, from the number six berth, top scored with an unbeaten 28 and last man Will Harrison scored 22 – the pair added 25 for the final wicket.
There were also contributions of 20 from Oliver West and Henry Mutter.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 8 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 9 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
The defeat, an eighth in 17 games this league campaign, leaves the Otters sitting fifth in the table and they complete the season this Saturday (September 1) with a home game against Whimple.