Clinical Tipton pick off Cherries on their own patch
Cheriton Fitzpaine 1, Tipton St John Res 4 Tipton went into this game on a high following their good form in the league. Cheriton had no answer to the dominant and confident Tipton side, writes Mike Dawe.
Phil Paddison opened the score with an unstoppable header from a well-executed Barry Wood corner.
Tipton ever hungry for the second goal were unlucky when James Gosney went close with a shot from the eighteen yards.
Cheriton’s keeper made a fine save soon after, when Chris Surridge connected with a fine header from a fantastic cross form Jamie Connett.
Cheriton were unlucky themselves when a shot was cleared off the line by James Youlden and against the run of play Cheriton scored with a fine effort from their striker breaking through and easily scoring pass Tipton’s advancing keeper.
You may also want to watch:
Tipton, never perturbed by the goal then played some quick passing attractive football and were almost rewarded when Nick Feeney almost latched onto a fine cross by Ben Dawe. Dawe himself fired a shot from the edge of the area smashing the cross bar.
The second goals soon came when Gosney skipped passed a player on the edge of the area blasting the back of the net- the keeper was very fortunate not to have got in the way!
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
Tipton came out in the second half in a buoyant mood and took total control of the game.
They were soon rewarded with their third when Dawe tapped in from close range from a Jonny Beer corner and James Youlden wrapped up the game when he scored with a shot from the 18-yard line.