Co-operative Funeralcare International Open 2014 bowls is underway
- Credit: Archant
The Devon Vice Presidents is an association of male bowlers from all the Devon Clubs that raise money to fund County activities, writes Tony Broughton.
They were in action at Southampton’s Banister Park on Saturday for a quarter final match against Kent in the Liberty trophy.
Unfortunately Devon lost by 10 shots with three rinks winning and three losing. The match was mighty close, particularly when it arrived at the ten ends stage with the scores 52-all. It stayed that way and, with a couple of ends remaining was 98-all, but Kent then took charge to seal a 126-116 success.
Somerset also lost their quarter final to Sussex, but a bit more seriously! They won just a single rink out of the six - so no representatives from the West Country in the semi-finals this season!
The Co-operative Funeralcare International Open 2014 started last weekend at Blackpool Newton Hall Indoor Bowls Club and the latter stages will be shown on Sky Sports 3 and 4. All the top stars from around the world will be playing including Devon’s Danny Denison and Robert Paxton.
You may also want to watch:
See the World Bowls Tour website or visit www.247.tv/bowls for the draw and television timetables. You can watch live for a small fee on this station.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 7 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 8 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 9 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 10 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17