Colaton Raleigh out to Wrey Arms in Senior Cup
Colaton Raleigh went out of the Firewatch Devon Senior Cup, beaten 4-2 at Wrey Arms.
Player boss Riki Potter took a mix of 1st and 2nd team players to Barnstaple for the game.
Despite a starting eleven showing seven changes from the previous weekend, Colaton Raleigh dominated the early action. Two shots from Jake Boyland brought great saves from the Wrey Arms keeper, and Tony Cox headed against the post, before Pitter set up Boyland who swept the ball in from twelve yards.
Ben Farrington fired against the post, and it was all Raleigh, until the 39th minute when a defender recklessly brought down a Wrey Arms forward who was running away from goal. The penalty was converted to level things up and, just two minutes later, the home side struck again to head into half-time with a 2-1 lead.
The hosts extended their lead to 3-1 in the 61st minute, and, although Pitter pulled a goal back from a Cox corner in the 73rd minute, it wasn’t enough as they were hit with a with a breakaway goal two minutes from time to make the final score 4-2
You may also want to watch:
Darren Bennett and Graham Hughes both played well, with Ed Santer and Scott Newbery also impressing.
Tomorrow (Saturday), Colaton Raleigh face a tricky away trip to Sandford, who beat title favourites Bickleigh last weekend.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Lockdown has shown the importance of nature and the need for us to nurture each other
- 9 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98