Colaton Raleigh produce superb performance to dent the Dawlish promotion hopes
- Credit: Archant
Colaton Raleigh produced a stunning all-round performance to severely dent the promotion hopes of Dawlish United whilst ease their own Fresha League Division Two worries.
The Monday night clash saw Raleigh produced some of their finest football of the season.
With fitness and form returning, Raleigh were able to play their traditional high tempo football, pressing and closing the opposition down all over the pitch. When they had to defend, the visitors did so brilliantly.
The pace and movement proved too much for the home team, and goals from player-boss Riki Pitter, Gary Dixon and Tony Cox sealed a fine victory.
The whole team played well, with outstanding performances from Damo Armes and Gary Dixon in midfield, and centre backs Mat Tett and Dan Corrick.
You may also want to watch:
A delighted Pitter said: “We are playing three or four games a week, but it has been the weather that cost us, and we are not going to talk about empty tanks. We are just getting started. My players were all exceptional at Dawlish and, playing like that, with that collective spirit and level of performance, would play every day if they could.”
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution