Coley and Paddock score as SOHC sixth’s net another positive result
- Credit: Archant
SOHC Men’s 6th XI 2 East Devon C 2 Sidmouth and Ottery men’s sixth team came back twice from behind to secure their fourth point of the season.
Having lost heavily to East Devon’s D team earlier in the campaign, the side knew they were in for a tough encounter but the early exchanges saw SOHC control a lot of the game.
Despite this, East Devon took the lead with a well-worked goal mid-way through the half.
The home side refused to let their heads drop and continued to create some good play and put the visitors under pressure.
East Devon defended well but conceded a short corner, which SOHC converted into a goal with Andy Kitchener laying off a simple pass for Andrew Coley to strike it past the keeper.
You may also want to watch:
After the interval, the match remained even with both sides playing some good hockey.
East Devon re-took the lead and seemed to be heading for victory but Nick Dicks thought otherwise.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 5 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 6 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 7 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
He took the ball down the right and into the D before striking it on to the far post with the keeper beaten.
Alan Paddock was the quickest to react and scored with a simple tap-in to give the team their second positive result in three weeks.