Coley at the double as SOHC men’s fourth XI are edged out in high-scoring contest
- Credit: Archant
The Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) men’s fourth team scored three times on Saturday - that’s probably the most they’ve scored in one game this season. Unfortunately, ECV Hornets scored five to claim the points, but it was still an achievement, especially outscoring them in the second half 2-1.
Hornets opened the scoring part way through the first half, but SOHC put together some good moves.
One of them resulted in Andrew Coley scoring from close range after a mix-up in defence. As the half went on, Hornets had a purple patch, scoring three quick goals.
It was more even in the second half and SOHC pulled one back when Wilf Chunn sent in a good cross for Coley to score his second.
Hornets got one back, but SOHC captain Dan Weedon later said it was as good a display as he’d seen all season.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Baker got the last goal when he calmly converted a penalty flick with the last touch of the game after a foot on the line prevented a goal.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 5 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 6 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!