Coley at the double for SOHC men’s fifth team as Isca are beaten
- Credit: Archant
Three second half goals secured the points for Sidmouth and Ottery HC men’s fifth team as they defeated Isca 4-2.
It was a relatively young side that took to the pitch at Ottery, with a peppering of more experienced players in a few positions.
Although the side got off to an uncertain start, after about 10 minutes the team started to gel and apply pressure to the Isca goal.
The home side went close to scoring a few times before finally taking the lead with Ewan Webber picking up on a good cross for a straightforward tap-in goal.
Despite controlling much of the play, the home side conceded an equaliser close to the half time whistle.
You may also want to watch:
Following a positive half-time talk from skipper Andy Dockley, the side started the second half with renewed vigour and it wasn’t long before Andrew Coley picked up on a pass into the area to score with a reverse-stick strike.
Soon after, Tom Cutforth extended the lead with a good finish from a tight angle.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
With the youngsters working well together, SOHC maintained the pressure on the visitors but it was Isca who scored the next goal to reduce the deficit.
Not to be outdone, the home side grabbed one more goal, with Coley deflecting a well-directed pass beyond the keeper.
With three matches gone, the men’s fifth team already has won more points than it achieved last season and will be looking to add to the tally when they take on the high-performing University of Exeter side on Saturday.